Jan Patrick Meyer
VFX Artist | Compositor
Films ~ Commercials ~ Television ~ Video Games
Profile of Qualifications:
- Bilingual (German, native / English) with proven talents in compositing for VFX and CG projects including techniques such as tracking, chroma keying, rotoscoping, set extensions, clean-up work, integration and color grading.
- Advanced talents in high and low resolution, organic and hard surface 3D modeling, digital sculpting, image/digital editing, character animation, lighting and rendering.
- Beginner level skills in rigging, shading and texturing.
- Team player with calm demeanor and ability to plan and coordinate seamless workflow process.
- Proficient in real and stylized lighting and rendering including light effects such as volumetrics and caustics.
- Demonstrated skills in planning, organization and on-set supervision of VFX shots for student projects.
- Highly regarded for sharp technical skills and excellent eye for color and detail.
- Exceptional presentation, time management, conflict resolution, and decision making skills.
- Possess an outstanding eye for realism and detail, colors, and their affect.
- Extremely passionate in film making with strong 3D background and good knowledge of the whole film pipeline
The Foundry, Nuke | Autodesk, Mudbox | Mental Ray for Maya | Shotgun | Tactic
Basic – Medium level:
Adobe, Photoshop | Adobe, After Effects | Imagineer Systems, mocha AE | Autodesk, Maya | Autodesk, Matchmover | V-Ray for Maya
3D & VFX Diploma, Pixl Visn Media Arts Academy, Cologne, Germany, 2014
Received instruction and mentoring by industry professionals such as:
- Senior Lighting Technical Director and Compositing Supervisor at Sony Pictures Imageworks (movies: Guardians of the Galaxy, Hotel Transylvania, I Am Legend, The Amazing Spiderman, The Matrix Revolutions)
- Former Visual Effects Supervisor at Sony Pictures Imageworks (movies: Ted, The Core, Starship Troopers)
- Professional Computer Animator from Buena Vista Visual Effects, Walt Disney Studios and PDI/DreamWorks (movies: Shrek, Ants, Mortal Kombat, 13 Ways to Die at Home)
- Senior 3D Animator at Disney/Pixar (movies: Avatar, Your Highness, Were the Wild Things Are, Trollhunter)
- Supervisor and CGI Artist for movies such as The Simpsons Movie, Fantastic Four, and Speed Racer.
- Character Technical Director at DreamWorks Animation (movies: Puss in Boots, Kung Fu Panda 2, The Tale of Despereaux, Rise of the Guardians)
Secondary School Diploma, Gymnasium Achern, Achern, Baden-Württemberg, Germany, 2012